A conference to inform, educate and excite all who work within the First Aid Training Industry.
Now in its fifth event, the 2024 National First Aid Trainers Conference is heading to Pullman Cairns International on the 29th & 30th of August 2024. This is an event not to be missed! A packed two days of professional development sessions covering topics from the First Aid Units of Competency.
This year we will be offering delegates the opportunity to take part in pre-conference workshops held on the evening of 28th August. Information on these workshops will be available later this year and bookings will be essential.
Presenters and topics will be released in early 2024. Past presentations can be viewed by clicking here.
Hosted by The National Institute of First Aid Trainers.
The National Institute of First Aid Trainers (NIFAT) was established to be the leading information and professional development group for First aid educators and providers in Australia. With a firm belief in continuing education and effective communication, NIFAT is dedicated to providing professional development opportunities to first aid educators nationally. NIFAT is committed to helping its members deliver quality, flexible and innovative training services and products to the Australian community.
Early Bird Special
NIFAT Members: $649.00
Valid 01 Sep 2023 – 30 Jun 2024
NIFAT members must be logged in to receive member pricing. Only one ticket can be purchased per order/user online.
We are pleased to offer discounted tickets for groups of 8 or more. Delegates must be from the same organisation and be invoiced as a group. To arrange registration of 8 or more delegates, please email email@example.com
What does your ticket include?
- Attendance for the entire two-day conference
- Arrival tea, coffee and water
- Morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea
- *Attendance at the evening function including food and drinks (beer, wine, soft drink)
- Entry into door and session prizes
- Statement of Attendance post-event (PDF emailed)
- Access to recordings of presentations post-event
*Attendance at the conference evening function is included in all conference registrations. Please ensure you indicate your attendance at the evening function at checkout.
Make the most of your conference experience by taking part in one of three pre-event workshops being held on the evening of Wednesday 28th August.
Spaces are limited and registration is essential. Only available to conference delegates. Before registering for one of the below workshops, please ensure you have purchased your conference ticket.
Practical Paeds BOOK NOW
Join Sarah Huntead RN and Jessie Hand RN from CPR Kids in this two-three hour Practical Paeds Workshop.
Sarah and Jessie will be running hands-on scenarios and skills stations to fine-tune those paediatric first aid skills.
In addition, take the opportunity to submit questions to Sarah and Jessie before the event so they can prepare responses. They are keen to bust the myths and clarify anything about paediatric first aid. There are no stupid questions…ask anything!
Advanced Resuscitation BOOK NOW
Major Bleeding BOOK NOW
As an international tourist destination, Cairns boasts a range of accommodation options for every budget.
Our accommodation partner (Watermark Events) has negotiated rates on behalf of delegates for a number of hotels. View accommodation options at the link below. To secure conference rates, bookings must be made via the online booking form.
The National Institute of First Aid Trainers has no control over room rates, availability, or cancellation terms relating to accommodation.
We are delighted to be partnering with Hemingway’s Brewery at Cairns Wharf to bring you an evening of fun and networking. This heritage-listed building is located at the Cruise Terminal, offering views across Trinity Inlet. The evening will be filled with live music, games, food and drink including locally crafted beers. This a great opportunity to relax and unwind at the end of the first day. Attendance at the conference evening function is included in all conference registrations. Please ensure you indicate your attendance at the evening function by selecting the correct ticket type when booking. A limited number of guest tickets are available and are capped at one ticket per delegate. These must be pre-purchased online.
Any cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 970, Helensvale, QLD, 4212.
- Up to 31st May 2024: 100% of registration fees refunded (less a $50.00 admin and processing fee)
- From 1 June 2024 to 31 July 2024: 50% of full registration fees refunded
- From 1 August 2024 to 29 August 2024: no refund, attendee substitution only
- Non-attendance (for any reason). Forfeit all conference registration fees, no refund will be considered. Presentation recordings will be made available to the delegate at no additional cost post-event.
Circumstances Beyond the Control of the Event Organiser.
Should the event not be able to go ahead for any reason, delegates will be offered the following:
- In the first instance, we would seek to postpone the event to a later date and hold any monies paid by delegates for the future event date.
- Should postponement not be an option, a fee-free cancellation will be offered and all monies returned within 12 business days of cancellation
In the event that a delegate is unable to attend for whatever reason, no refund will be available, however, presentation recordings will be made available to the delegate at no additional cost post-event.
Accommodation Cancellations/No-Show Policy
Please refer to your accommodation provider’s cancellation policy. The event organiser has no control over room rates, availability, or cancellation terms relating to accommodation booked directly with any hotel or resort. The event organiser accepts no responsibility for the loss of monies relating to accommodation and travel expenses in the unlikely event the conference is cancelled or postponed.
Conference Recording and Photography Policy
By registering for this event you authorise The National Institute of First Aid Trainers (The First Aid Group Pty Ltd) to record and photograph the presentations, events and attendees (which includes any questions or comments by any attendee) in audio and/or visual format. The National Institute of First Aid Trainers is the owner of the copyright and other intellectual property in that recording and that it may use the recording for any purpose it considers appropriate, including publicity, education or other activities and may earn income for The National Institute of First Aid Trainers own benefit.
In agreeing to The National Institute of First Aid Trainers terms and conditions for attending or presenting at an event, you give permission for The National Institute of First Aid Trainers to potentially use your image for marketing purposes, which includes both print and web use.
Terms and conditions specifically pertaining to image permission as agreed to by you are as follows:
- I hereby assign to you full copyright of any photographs/videos taken at The National First Aid Trainers Conference, together with the right of reproduction either wholly or in part, either separately or together, with any retouching, copying, adaptation, alteration or manipulation, and in any medium, in any country worldwide. You and your licensees or assignees may have unrestricted use of these for whatever purpose you may think fit, including advertising, editorial and public display.
- I agree that the above-mentioned photographs/videos and/or reproductions shall be deemed to represent an imaginary person and further agree that you or any person authorised by or acting for you may use these photographs/videos or any reproductions of them for any purpose including illustrating any wording which you or they may decide, and agree that no wording shall be considered to be attributed to me personally, but to an imaginary person.
- I understand that I do not own the prints, negatives, transparencies, videos or copyright of the images and no payments are due to me in respect of them. I have read this permission form carefully and fully understand its meanings and implications.
The National Institute of First Aid Trainers is the conference organiser for this event and is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. The conference organiser is bound by relevant Australian privacy legislation.
Collecting Your Personal Information
It is the conference organiser’s usual practice to collect personal information directly from you via the online registration form fields either during the registration process or any expression of interest forms you complete on the conference website. The conference organiser does not collect personal information about you from any publicly available sources or via other means.
The conference organiser does not collect personal information about you if you only browse this website. This website may use session cookies during a search query of the website or when you access this website.
Using Your Personal Information
The conference organiser only uses your personal information for the purposes for which you give it to the conference organiser and for related, internal management purposes.
The conference organiser does not give your personal information to anyone else unless one of the following applies;
- You have consented;
- You would reasonably expect that your information be passed on to the recipient as part of the provision of products or services to you ancillary to your registration for this conference;
- It is required or authorized by law;
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health;
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Providing your Contact Information to Sponsors and Exhibitors
The National Institute of First Aid Trainers will provide your name and email address to all sponsors and exhibitors post-event for the marketing of products and services promoted at the conference. You are welcome to unsubscribe to any marketing emails directly with the sponsor/exhibitor. If you wish to opt out, please submit your request to email@example.com
You may access personal information that the conference organiser holds about you, and you can ask to correct personal information held about you.
If you are on one or more of the conference organiser’s email lists you may opt-out of further contact by clicking the unsubscribe option in all emails received by you.