The National Institute of First Aid Trainers
Welcome to the National Institute of First Aid Trainers (NIFAT)
Formed in 2014, NIFAT has grown to be the largest professional development group for first aid training professionals in Australia. NIFAT currently has over 400 individual and corporate members who engage in professional development activities such as webinars and the National First Aid Trainers Conference.
We provide products and services to first aid educators from the public and private sector.
NIFAT is not a regulator of first aid training, nor is it associated with any peak clinical bodies or associations.
NIFAT is a division of The First Aid Group Pty Ltd ABN 88 141 680 042
What we do – in a nutshell
Distribute information and resources to the first aid training industry by means of social media, membership, and our national conference.
Seek advice from peak clinical bodies, VET sector agencies and our panel of industry experts on training queries raised by members and non-members.
When necessary, utilise the hundreds of years of experience held by our members to provide feedback to the Service Skills Organisation (SSO) to facilitate constructive industry consultation and continuous improvement.
Provide educators with professional development opportunities for continued educational growth.
Organise the largest national conference of first aid professionals annually.
Provide the opportunity to share information on new products and initiatives from national and international suppliers.
- Provide links to external organisations relevant to the first aid training sector.
- Promote the sharing of information and opportunity for benchmarking with other providers.
- Provide businesses relevant to the industry to advertise products and services to our members.
What we don’t do
- Undertake any clinical research on resuscitation or first aid techniques.
- Have any agreement with peak clinical bodies, councils, organisations or associations.
- Receive the endorsement of any peak clinical body, council, organisation, company or association unless specifically stated.
- Create policies or guidelines on training or clinical matters.
- Have any authority within the Australian VET sector.
- Provide definitive advice on regulatory issues.
- Issue Statements of Attainment for any training unless in a partnership agreement with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
NIFAT is an ever-evolving organisation, we strive to meet the needs of our members by implementing products and services which will better serve our industry. Please feel free to provide your ideas and where possible we will implement those which will benefit all members.
NIFAT is managed by Andy Panes. Andy owns and operates a Queensland based RTO, specialising in first aid education. He manages a team of dedicated trainers and over 40 training partners around Australia. Andy is the chair of the First Aid Industry Reference Committee and has a passion for educator growth and continued professional development. This led him to the establishment of NIFAT after finding very little opportunity for first aid trainers to undertake professional development. Andy is supported by his team of administration staff and trainers. To contact Andy direct email email@example.com or join him on LinkedIn here.